Application for Master’s, Sixth Year, and Ph.D. programs is done on-line, through the Graduate School
1. Assemble the following materials in electronic format (MS Word or PDF are recommended):
- Personal statement
- A resume of not more than two pages.
- CT Residence Affidavit
- Unofficial transcripts of all collegiate work completed to date
- Contact information for three references/recommenders1
2. Complete the Online Application to the Graduate School.
The Admissions Committee will review only completed applications and support materials.
1 During the application process, an applicant asked to provide contact information for three recommenders. The people submitting reference letters on your behalf may send their letters to our admissions office electronically through our application system. For those people who wish to submit their letter of reference on paper, please download and print a copy of our reference form and follow the directions for paper references. You must input the names and contact information for each provider, whether they will be submitting electronically or on paper. For those providers that wish to submit their letter electronically, be sure to mark “Yes” for the online submission question on the Provider Input Form.
Spring/Summer admission (M.A., Sixth-Year) – October 15
Fall admission (M.A., Sixth-Year, Ph.D.) – January 15
Funding/ Financial Aid
- Neag Scholarships
- Graduate School
- UConn’s Office of Financial Aid
- Federally Funded Opportunities
- Many school districts also reimburse their teachers for college courses. Check with your district!